Bah humbug this week is to use a Christmas stocking - I have a lovely stocking stamp by Elusive Images (now available from Chocolate Baroque) which I had never used last year. It is a very detailed stamp, stamped and embossed and coloured with promarkers - I felt it needed to be in dark colours to stand out from the glimmery background (the first version was stamped in gold, and painted with H2Os, and just looked way too gaudy with the background).
The background took a little while to do - I randomly stamped the stockings in versamark across the paper and clear embossed them. Distress inks came next, peeled paint, forest moss and red brick sponged on fairly randomly to cover the paper - then it was ironed through copy paper to remove the embossing. The next step was spraying a mix of english ivy glimmermist and cosmic shimmermist in rich gold over the page, ;eaving overnight to dry thoroughly. I cut out an interesting-looking piece to fit the 5x5 card blank, and added the stocking matted onto gold mirri card.