I have three of my sample cards for last month's tv shows to show you today. It was hard to have favourite ladies, but I think these two stamps are well in the running!
For both cards the summer fayre stamp was stmaped using black versafine ink and coloured with watercolour pencils, masked with masking fluid, and brusho backgrounds added. I have always liked the idea of blue roses, but have always been disappointed by the more lilac shade when they flowered......
For the first card I partially diecut the lady out, leaving the butterfly and poppies outside the die. The base card was coloured with distress oxide inks, leaves added using the useful leaves stencil and overstamped with the large crackle stamp. The poppies in the foreground are from the floral notes plate, stamped onto leftover paper coloured with brushos and fussy cut out.
The base card was done in the same way for the second version, but the lady was cut down to a rectangle and matted onto gold card. I sprinkled red brusho over the green background to try to create a poppy field effect, but it didn't quite work....
autumn medley stamp I tried to create a wood effect with the brushos, using my version of a technique found on Youtube. I started with a piece of white card, sprinkled brown and red powder at the top, and used a damp sponge to drag the colour down the page. The colours are more blended together than the original, which used acrylic paints to blend the powders, but i was quite pleased with the result. back ground mounted onto black and gold, then onto white base card blank.
The lady was stamped with black versafine ink, coloured with pencils and fussy cut out. I stamped the hair part again several times onto a spare piece of card coloured with orange, yellow and brown brushos, and fussy cut out the best leaves and decoupaged them onto the original.
Friday, 21 July 2017
Saturday, 15 July 2017
The first uses the lovely big patchwork butterfly, stamped in black versafine and masked using masking fluid - masking fluid rather than a tissue mask as I find that the colour from the brushos tends to seep under tissue, and it is not an effect you always want!
I used the small butterfly and dragonfly stamps from butterfly blush to stamp randomly round the card, using an old multicolour pad that had become single colour, then added turquoise brusho powder and spritzed it - the stamping blurred into the background, and some of the colour ran which blurred things even more.
Rub off the masking when everything was dry, and a narrow gold mat finished it off.
The other cards use the winter dawn stamp from the seasonal ladies set from last month's tv shows. For the first one, she was stamped with versamark and silver embossed before masking with fluid again and using turquoise and purple brusho this time.
The second one was stamped onto a very pale grey card using black versafine and coloured with watercolour pencils, with white sharpie pen for the snowballs, white splatters voer the background as well.
Die cut with an oval die, mounted onto a kraft card layer and gems added in two corners.
This was the quickest one to do, as no masking fluid or brushos was involved, so no wait for everything to dry
Saturday, 8 July 2017
The lovely lady from Mackintosh beauty was stamped first using a blue inkpad, then masked with masking tissue. the background was created using the now-traditional torn paper for the landscape and a moon mask in the sky, with the castle from fantasy castles. The grasses are from the baroque meadow single stamp, and the trees use a stamp from silhouette grasses. The lady was coloured with watercolour pencils.
My second card just used the lady on her own, again coloured with pencils, this time with a distress oxide inked background.The base card was randomly stamped with two of the single rose stamps using the same distress oxide inks.