Thursday, 17 August 2017

chequered flowers

I had great fun playing with this stamp from Chocolate Baroque and my favourite brusho powders, and here are 3 versions.

The first was stamped in black versfine ink and clear embossed before masking the image with masking fluid. I sprinkled leaf green and purple powders and spritzed them, leaving the paper to dry naturally. Once dry, rub off the masking fluid. trim down a little, mat onto black card and then onto a 5"x7" white card blank.










The second one was also stamped in black and embossed before masking with masking fluid. This time I just used black brusho powder for a more dramatic effect - I love all the different colours that appear! This time I used white and black mats before amounting onto a 7" square white card blank.This one is my favourite of the three.


The last one I stamped with versamark and used gold embossing powder before masking again with masking fluid and using purple powder around the flowers. It didn't spread as far as I thought it would , probably I got more water spray on the one side of image......anyway, I thought it looked a bit like a torn layer so left it as it was.I added colour with a brush pen to the centre of the flowers, and added a gold mat and sentiment embossed in gold.

Thursday, 3 August 2017

hanging flowers

I hope you enjoyed watching Lesley and Lynnda on the recent TV shows , showing the lovely colouring pages and the matching stamps.

These are two of my samples using the hanging flowers stamp - loved this one, thought it was very like a fuschsia, I shall probably get corrected on that though, not being a gardener.
Needless to say, I used brushos on the first one. I stamped the flowers first using black versafine and clear embossing powder. then painted them with masking fluid before using grey brusho powder and spritzing with water.
Once everything was dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid and painted the leaves using lime green brusho. White and black mats finished it off.
The second version was stamped with versamark onto black card and embossed with gold detail powder. The flowers and leaves were painted with diluted  Aztec lustre paints - have to admit this was their first use since I bought them from CB last year!
Mats this time were gold and black onto a white base card.

There were some fantastic samples on the shows, so keep checking to see what my teamies have to show you, you won't be disappointed!