Tuesday, 23 December 2008

guild swap 2

This is a photo of the gorgeous card I received from Chris as part of the Graphicus Guild Christmas card swap - sorry Chris, it is the best I can do after several tries.

Chris used EI Christmas stamps, with papers from the Seasons Greetings Artylicious cd, mini shrink plastic snowflakes and clear jewels. Warning - the mini snowflakes are great, and an idea I intend copying next year! Check out Chris blog - chriscraftroom.blogspot.com - she may have a better pic on there by now.

Sunday, 21 December 2008

guild swap 1

This is the card I made as part of the Graphicus Guild Christmas card swap, usibng the EI madonna stamp. It was stamped twice on white card with black versafine, then again with versamark and gold EP onto 2 different red cards, one of which was embossed with a faint paisley design. All the images were cut out - the white base had the haloes coloured with watercolour pencils and sakure stardust pen, with gold glitter round the edges. Hair was brown pencil using 2 shades and blending with water. I repeated the hair on the second white image, cut just this out and layered over the base. The whole dress from the plain red card was another second layer onto the white base card, then the third layer was the sleeve and the panel of the dress. Image was then matted onto a sheet of cuttlebugged paisley style paper - I think this started out as a red, but wasn't the right red, so it got several layers of glimmer mists in reds and golds until it was a better match! This was then matted onto gold mirri card, then a red shiny card, then onto a card cut from gold card embossed with a greeting.

My gorgeous return card from Chris will be photoed tonight, and hopefully added tomorrow

Friday, 12 December 2008

Christmas round robin challenge 1

Four people took up Annette's round robin challenge on the Artylicious blog, and this is my page to add to Phree's-http://inkstainsurvivor.blogspot.com -- I forgot to scan the one I started and sent on to Deby, so will add that afterwards!
I tried to match the background paper from Glenda's Seasons greetings cd - I couldn't match the colour, it was really surprising how different the paper looked on another printer: it was either far too purply or bluey. I also had problems finding a stamp to fit the page, and in the end settled for part of an old Anita's stamp to continue the buildings theme. It was stamped with inks from the encore twilight pad- fortunately the bluey purple and the green were at opposite ends of the pad- then matted onto blue card. A snowflake was sprayed onto the backing paper with silver glimmer mist, then a diecut snowflake - also glimmered with violet and silver- was added. I wasn't really very happy with the result, the colours of the stamp were stronger than I would have liked, but time was limited and I didn't feel that I could realistically fiddle around for any longer.
Hopefully inspiration will return for the next instalment!