Friday 12 December 2008

Christmas round robin challenge 1

Four people took up Annette's round robin challenge on the Artylicious blog, and this is my page to add to Phree's-http://inkstainsurvivor.blogspot.com -- I forgot to scan the one I started and sent on to Deby, so will add that afterwards!
I tried to match the background paper from Glenda's Seasons greetings cd - I couldn't match the colour, it was really surprising how different the paper looked on another printer: it was either far too purply or bluey. I also had problems finding a stamp to fit the page, and in the end settled for part of an old Anita's stamp to continue the buildings theme. It was stamped with inks from the encore twilight pad- fortunately the bluey purple and the green were at opposite ends of the pad- then matted onto blue card. A snowflake was sprayed onto the backing paper with silver glimmer mist, then a diecut snowflake - also glimmered with violet and silver- was added. I wasn't really very happy with the result, the colours of the stamp were stronger than I would have liked, but time was limited and I didn't feel that I could realistically fiddle around for any longer.
Hopefully inspiration will return for the next instalment!

4 comments:

  1. I think you've done a brilliant job Veronica Nice to see a quick blog from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quarter of the card, it's beautiful. It's not just the printer that makes a difference tho, I share a printer over a network with my hubby and on occasion I have used his computer too because he has Adobe Photoshop - handy if you want to tinker with the size of an image and stuff. However when I do, even tho I have not changed the colours, just the size I often find the papers can print out in slightly different colour tones than the ones I printed from my computer even tho both machines are using the same printer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are lovely, very delicate and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments