Friday 17 October 2008

Christmas cards

These are two tag cards, both with Artylicious Seasons Greetings backing papers, and both tags coloured with green, blue and silver glimmer mists. The one on the left was stamped in black versafine with the tree from the Christmas fusion EI plate, and clear embossed - the branches were painted in H2o's and the snow added with a souffle pen before mounting on silver card. Peel-off greeting added on a piece of tag mounted on silver.
The one on the right is stamped with the EI holly script stamp in black versafine and embossed again with clear ep. The image is painted with h2o's again, mounted on a gold embossed card. I did try just stamping with versafine and painting the image, but it looked rather lost in the background to really be usable



3 comments:

  1. Great cards! I love your colouring on the holly leaves and berries, it's so effective. And I like the way you've only used part of the tree stamp on the other card. Very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo what Jo says. I somehow very rarely remember that you don't always need the whole image to create a great effect but what a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica, love these tag card, very classy. We both signed up to take part in the Elusive Images DT Blog Christmas Round Robin and I am to send the cards onwards to you when I have done my bit - so I will need your address. I don't have an e-mail addy on my blog for personal security, but I do have moderation turn on in the comments so you would be able to tell me there and I can just delete the comment without publishing it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments