Saturday 27 January 2024

measured moments

 Had to have a quick play with this lovely new set from Chocolate Baroque which arrived this week. 

Brusho background overstamped and stencilled with distress oxides, image stamped with versafine clair and coloured with ZIG clean colour pens

Linking to following challenges

the crafty addicts #9 anything goes

paper funday #61 anything goes

we love stamping something new

stamping sensations anything goes

Wednesday 10 January 2024

january fairy

 The end of 2023 was pretty hectic, so blogging wne by the wayside - what passes for normal blogging is back now!

My offering today featrues new-to-me fairy tale stamps from Chocolate Baroque and plus the leaf stamp from an older set which I think may be discontinued.

I used a brusho background, stamped the castle using grey versafine clair ink and coloured with ZIG clean colour pens. The fairy was stamped on white card, coloured with the pens and metallic pencils and cut out before being seated among the leaves. The leaves were stamped onto more brusho-coloured card , cut out and glued along the borders

i would like to add this to the following challenges

love to craft #78 anything goes

stamping sensations anything goes

we love stamping something new

allsorts #762  anything goes

the crafty addicts #9 anything goes

Tuesday 3 October 2023

poppy heart

 today's share is a card using pretty poppies from Chocolate Baroque. I love poppies, and for this one I coloured them the tradional red although I love the big blue variety.

The main image was stamped onto a  piece of white card coloured with brusho powders, painted using clearcolor pens  and then glued onto a whiteboard heart and trimmed.

The background was created using distress oxide inks, stencils from Lavinia and Aall & create and another poppy image from the same set, as is the sentiment

I would like ti add this to the tripleB challenge -birds/blooms/butterflies

Sunday 27 August 2023

over the moon

 Another share using the fab new stamp designs by Fiona Randall for Chocolate Baroque, this time using over the moon, very much a fantasy image but great fun to colour in !

simply stamped in black versafine clair and coloured with cleancolour pens, background inked with distress oxide and randomly stamped round the edges

adding to the following challenges, all with anything goes themes

creative fingers #260

the crafty addicts #04

paper funday #56

stamping sensations august

Sunday 13 August 2023

butterfly moon

 Another post using images from the lovely new  Over the Moon stamps by Fiona Randall for Chocolate Baroque,  - the stamps will be on the website this week.

This was on an 8"x8" base card blank, so quite large. I stamped the smaller image four times, offsetting two of them slightly from the centre. The card background was coloured with distress oxide inks - tumbled glass, broken china and chipped sapphire. Added part of a stencil from Aall&create in the corners using chipped sapphire again and parts of one of the sentiment stamps from the set randomly stamped in the gaps.

The butterfly was stamped twice onto spare card, coloured using cleancolor pens. The flower and leafy bits of the background images were also coloured to match. The butterflies were fussy cut out and glued into place across the centre with foam pads under the wings to give a bit of dimension

I would like to add this to the following challenges

paper dragonfly #20 anything flies

dd tripleb - August bird/butterflies/blooms

the crafty addicts - #04 anyhting goes

paper funday - #56 anything goes

allsorts - all cratures great and small

stamping sensations - anything goes

Sunday 6 August 2023


Something a bit out of my comfort zone today! Having bought some matchbox kits from Tando Creative, I decided to use one with the gorgeous new stamps designed by Fiona Randall for Chocolate Baroque. The set I used was reach for the sun, which isn't on their  website yet, but is on the Create & Craft site

The matchbox went together easily and  i painted it black.then stencilled stars and part of a ray image randomly before brushing gold paint round the edges.
I stamped the sun onto black card using versamark ink and embossed it in copper, then fussy cut it out. and painted the ionner ring with sparkly silver watercolour. stamped and embossed again onto white card and cut out the sunface. Glued into place, added the sentiment cut into halves

Did the same for the back of the box,
but using the moon image this time
without the silver paint.
The other stamps from the set were stamped directly onto the painted tiles and embossed in copper

Things to remember for next time 
1 buy the larger size box!
2 use brighter colours

I would like ti link this to creative artiste challenge blog, -anything mixed media goes

Thursday 6 July 2023

memory candle

I made a memory candle using the Over the rainbow stamp set from Chocolate Baroque - the silhouette worked out nicely as we have had 2 all-black cats in the past!

Very easy to do, stamp onto white tissue paper, colour with pens then heat seal; onto the candle.

I would like to add this to these challenges

countryview crafts - 4 legged friends

creativefingers - anything goes

loveto craft - anything goes

paperfunday - anything goes