Saturday, 31 December 2016

colour challenge 30

Colour challenge 30 over at Chocolate Baroque, and this was my offering.
Background was a piece of card that nearly got thrown out in the pre-Christmas clear up until i realised it matched the colour swatch!
It was created using spray starch and mica powders on white card, and I did wonder if it would take stamping - but it did. The stamp is from the floral notes set, and coloured using the same mica powders and a waterbrush. Black and lavender mats on a white base card to finish it off

Tuesday, 27 December 2016

floral notes

 For my last post this year I have made two cards that could be used as thank you cards

Both cards have brusho backgrounds, and use the same stamp from the floral notes set. For both cards I stamped the image first using versafine and clear EP, then masked it using masking fluid.  I have finally found a fluid that works on smooth stamping card, all the ones I have tried before work beautifully on watercolour card but rip the surface of stamping card.  This one by Talens was recommended by Jane Aldridge, and works beautifully, as well as being easy to clean off the brush.

I sprinkled the brusho powders over and spritzed with water, then rubbed off the masking once the card was thoroughly dry.

For the first card I coloured the image with promarkers, then diecut it and added a diecut matt.

The second card I left the image white, and used silver mirri and black matts, and added the sentiment from Mackintosh sentiments clear stamp set.

I wish you all a  very happy, healthy and crafty New Year.

Saturday, 17 December 2016

two very quick tags

two very quick - and very last-minute!- tags to show today.
I used white tags, as they were handy - for this one, a blue tag would have been even quicker.
I just stamped the larger snowflakes from the winter edges set across the top of the tag using versamark and embossed with white EP., then sponged chipped sapphire distress ink across the tag.
Of course, if you have a pristine versamark pad, you can just emboss with clear powder,but all mine are varying shades of grey, so white powder it was......

Second tag uses the bells from a child is born, stamped with black versafine and clear embossed. Coloured with watercolour pencils and a waterbrush, with the green of the pine needles brushed out around the bells.

Hope you are all more up-to-date for Christmas than I am, I still have cards to make and post, but at least I have the stamps ready (both rubber and postage)


Monday, 5 December 2016

angel of light

 I have been playing with one of my favourite Christmas images, the lovely angel of light from Chocolate Baroque.

This one was stamped directly onto a 5"x7" black card blank, (with fingers firmly crossed that it would be straight!), using versamark and stamp'n'bond powder, then a gold mix of gilding flakes.I had originally thought of trimming it down and layering it up, but decided to leave it as it was, especially as it was straight!

The second version was actually started first, using the silver soft form relief paste to cover the stamp after brushing some areas with mica powder.
Once it had dried, I found that I hadn't put enough powder on to add colour, so painted over with more mica pigments mixed with water. I wanted a starry background, so sprayed the black base card with white decoart shimmer mist - got a bit more of a nebula than starshine though,,,,,,,

The final version was stamped onto white card with versamark and a black sparkle embossing powder, then coloured with mica powders mixed with water.
I tore the card close to the image, using a ruler to get the torn edges as straight as possible, then added blue, silver and lilac matts before mounting onto a white card blank.
The blue and lilac matts were coloured round the edges using the same mica powders used on the angel.

I have left plenty of space to add a greeting, once I have decided where this one is going, I shall leave the first two without a greeting on the front.