Monday 5 December 2016

angel of light

 I have been playing with one of my favourite Christmas images, the lovely angel of light from Chocolate Baroque.

This one was stamped directly onto a 5"x7" black card blank, (with fingers firmly crossed that it would be straight!), using versamark and stamp'n'bond powder, then a gold mix of gilding flakes.I had originally thought of trimming it down and layering it up, but decided to leave it as it was, especially as it was straight!



The second version was actually started first, using the silver soft form relief paste to cover the stamp after brushing some areas with mica powder.
Once it had dried, I found that I hadn't put enough powder on to add colour, so painted over with more mica pigments mixed with water. I wanted a starry background, so sprayed the black base card with white decoart shimmer mist - got a bit more of a nebula than starshine though,,,,,,,







The final version was stamped onto white card with versamark and a black sparkle embossing powder, then coloured with mica powders mixed with water.
I tore the card close to the image, using a ruler to get the torn edges as straight as possible, then added blue, silver and lilac matts before mounting onto a white card blank.
The blue and lilac matts were coloured round the edges using the same mica powders used on the angel.




I have left plenty of space to add a greeting, once I have decided where this one is going, I shall leave the first two without a greeting on the front.


1 comment:

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments