Sunday, 25 October 2015

Hobby Art again

 Yesterday I spent at Moira's last Hobby Art workshop for this year, and these are the results.
Ozzy owl gatefold card has a band to hold it closed, but I left mine plain - still thinking of adding something to the currently plain front panels, too.

I changed the stamps for this one, as I needed a sympathy card, but kept the gatefold layout. I used leaf stamps inked with orange and green inks for the front panels and inner background - I pulled the colour out with a damp brush on the front panels, and stamped the same leaf on spare card with black ink and coloured using the same inks I stamped with, cut out and added to the sentiment panel.
The inside panel used poppy head and poppy stamps, coloured with promarkers. The poppy stamp was masked several times to create the foreground, and the seed heads were stamped while the masks were in place.

 Moira's sample pop-up card used the mice stamps, but as I had an unused set of nativity stamps from last month I used those instead.
In hindsight, I should have cut a smaller step, as the nativity scene take sup less room than a mouse choir.

 Last two cards used a penguin stamp, with my version of icicles - stream stamp on it's side!- and a flourish for the background.
I used the remnants of the backing mat of the first card to stamp the penguins again for a second card -  should have used a brighter colour for the letters though, as they don't stand out even with sparkle added.On the other hand, the white marker pen did actually work fairly well, as did the blue stickles glitter added on the base with screwed up baby wipe.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015

October postcards

 October postcards for the Chocolate Baroque potpourri challenge - had to use the colour this month which was heather, and this is what I eventually came up with. Have to admit that I spent a  lot of time searching for two particular stamps that I still haven't found in the disaster area that is officially my daughter's bedroom - even more disaster than normal as a good part of the contents went to a WI craft day, and still haven't made it back to their allotted homes....

Fast running out of time, I  decided to make landscapes using the terrific treescapes set of clear stamps (these seem to be no longer available, which is a great pity as there are some very useful trees there), the now traditional torn paper and brushes and sponges.  Inks used were victorian velvet, milled lavender and dusty concorde distress inks and Stampin Up concorde crush.

These would also seem to fit the challenge 167 at addicted to stamps and more, which is make your mark.

thanks Judith and Lesley for letting me know that the stamps will be back on the website soon - just out of stock at the moment!  Look out  for terrific treescapes, CBCL 0009

Thursday, 8 October 2015


Got quite hooked on this Chocolate Baroque  colour challenge - this one uses a brusho background and the angel from last year's Christmas set a child is born.
Background just uses grey brusho powder on watercolour paper (I found out that watercolour paper doesn't cut neatly on a trimmer - at least, my variety doesn't - which accounts for a few slightly wobbly edges). The angel was stamped onto white card, gold embossed and coloured with pencils. Fussycut out, glued down, and glitter added to the wings.
Mats are black, pearlescent silver,black, and the base card is pearlescent gold.

Sunday, 4 October 2015

challenge 15 again

another quick Chocolate Baroque challenge entry, this time using a stamp from terrific treescapes, and another sponged background.
Base card is 6x6 , and it is clean, spots are from scanner!
No greeting as I haven't decided what it will be for yet......

challenge 15

very quick post with an entry for the Chocolate Baroque colour challenge
Very simple, image stamped in black versafine, then the star sponged in yellow, sky in grey - base white card is A5