Monday, 23 January 2017

blue roses

For one of the samples for Lesley's first show on Hochanda I made this small  notebook.

The cover was covered using  tissue paper coloured with brusho powders and crumpled up, glued on to the cover with modge podge. I used purple and turquoise powders.
The plaque used soft form relief paste and mica powders. I brushed the powders over the rose and leaves of the rose script stamp before adding the relief paste and leaving it to dry overnight. Once it was dry and peeled off the stamp, it was glued on using pva glue.
The mica powders are absorbed by the paste, and will not brush off - you will get a stained stamp though, but it will clean off.

close-up of the plaque, and the open notebook

The large 8" square card used the large stamp from the harlequin rose set, coloured with blue and green brusho powders, with grey powder for the background, and gold mica powders for the swirl. The large lacy border was stamped onto the base card using broken china distress ink, whicgh was also sponged round the edges.
Card mats were gold, green and blue.

The last one is red, not blue and shows the lid of a snall hexagonal box also covered with crumpled tissue paper.
I stamped the large image from harlequin rose three times, coloured it with promarkers, cut out the rose and decoupaged it. The 'raindrops' are glossy accents.

Lesley will be back on Hochanda at the end of the month  with a one-day special, featuring some really lovely stamps that are a little bit different, so check the programme listings for times, you won't want to miss this one!

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Harlequin rose

 Sharing some of the samples for the first Chocolate Baroque show on Hochanda last week this time. Needless to say, I used brusho powders!
For all three cards I used the lovely large image from the Harlequin rose set.
For the first one I stamped it  twice onto white card using black versafine ink and clear embossed it. One image I added yellow and red brusho powders over the rose and spritzed with water - once dry, I cut the rose out and glued it over the matching image on the first card. Added colour to the swirl using mica powder and a water brush, then trimmed it down, added a black matt before mounting onto a white 5"x7" card blank.

This one was again stamped in black onto white card, then coloured with brusho. Red and yellow on the rose and lime green over the leaves and spread using a damp paintbrush. Once dry, I sprinkled grey over the background and used a damp paintbrush again to spread the colour. More mica powder on the swirl, then mounted onto an 8" square white card blank, with the sentiment and heart from words of love stamped in black.

The final one is a more traditional brusho, with lemon, red and leaf green powder sprinkled on, trying to keep the red and green over the flower and leaves and spritzing with water.
Again a 5"x7" white card blank.

Monday, 2 January 2017

new dawn

 2017, the start of a new year and for many people resolutions - I usually make one, to have a tidy craft space, which lasts about as long as the next craft session.........then normal chaos is resumed!
The after-Christmas restoration of craft space means the chaos is already well-established, as I can't find anything I need after my daughter reclaimed her bedroom temporarily.On the bright side, I re-discovered lots of stash I had forgotten I had, including several little-used (if at all in some cases!) stamps, which led to an immediate suspension of sorting out in favour of playing.
This small landscape card is one result, using a stamp from owl edges with a sentiment from a set of clear stamps , with distress inks.
I have to admit that I normally avoid sentiment stamps, as I am a genius at getting them on crooked, but this set are clear stamps, so I risked stamping onto the card blank.
I though that it was appropriate to use this, as 2017 is the start of a new adventure for Chocolate Baroque, with Lesley's first show on Hochanda at 1100 on Wednesday, although the DT theme for January is first official sample is this one, using stamps from harlequin rose. I have used the two largest stamps, with the border stamped using wild honey distress ink  as a background and the other as the main image, using black versafine and clear EP.
This was coloured with brusho powders, using Lesley's technique of applying the powder to the dry card and using a waterbrush. The gold swirl was painted with mica powder, also using a waterbrush.
A narrow mat of gold mirri card, then both layers were mounted onto a  7" square white card blank.

I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year, with lots of crafting fun thrown in