Monday 2 January 2017

new dawn

 2017, the start of a new year and for many people resolutions - I usually make one, to have a tidy craft space, which lasts about as long as the next craft session.........then normal chaos is resumed!
The after-Christmas restoration of craft space means the chaos is already well-established, as I can't find anything I need after my daughter reclaimed her bedroom temporarily.On the bright side, I re-discovered lots of stash I had forgotten I had, including several little-used (if at all in some cases!) stamps, which led to an immediate suspension of sorting out in favour of playing.
This small landscape card is one result, using a stamp from owl edges with a sentiment from a set of clear stamps , with distress inks.
I have to admit that I normally avoid sentiment stamps, as I am a genius at getting them on crooked, but this set are clear stamps, so I risked stamping onto the card blank.
I though that it was appropriate to use this, as 2017 is the start of a new adventure for Chocolate Baroque, with Lesley's first show on Hochanda at 1100 on Wednesday, although the DT theme for January is romance.......my first official sample is this one, using stamps from harlequin rose. I have used the two largest stamps, with the border stamped using wild honey distress ink  as a background and the other as the main image, using black versafine and clear EP.
This was coloured with brusho powders, using Lesley's technique of applying the powder to the dry card and using a waterbrush. The gold swirl was painted with mica powder, also using a waterbrush.
A narrow mat of gold mirri card, then both layers were mounted onto a  7" square white card blank.

I would like to wish you all a very happy, healthy and peaceful new year, with lots of crafting fun thrown in

1 comment:

  1. Both fab cards, Veronica, much better to have made them than tidy your craft stash!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments