Friday 1 April 2011

bah humbug 13-unlucky for some?


the 13th challenge from Bah humbug was for a humorous card, with the option of plaid/tartan - have to admit I groaned when I read the email details from Ann and Max! I eventually found my one and only bit of plaid paper and  some matching card, then hastily begged my friend Barbara to find me a funny stamp (she has grandchildren, so has several funny stamps). The one she could find easily - see, it is not just me who puts things in such a safe place she can't find them again - is the reindeer from Anita's. I stamped him with black versafine, then coloured him in with promarkers - the tinsel round his horns was dots of a very ancient Suzie Weinberg Pure Glitz in sequin -  no idea how long I have had this, it is very similar to Stickles glitter glues, and actually still worked after a good shake! I cut him out with a nestie after the glitter had dried, then cut a larger one in red mirri card.
The second card follows the sketch on Less is More and uses the adorable scruffy angel from Judikins - I think she counts as humorous anyway, and is the nearest stamp I have to that! Black versafine again, promarkers, and glitter pen on the wings, and the small nestie agin too. The border is a Martha Stewart punch, backing paper left over from a boxes workshop last year, think it was Papermania. I like this one best, but then I am a sucker for angel stamps........
Ann and Max were kind enough to say they liked them, but I think i have a fair way to go to ctach up with Judith and Fiona from last month!
hope this works, first time I have tried to schedule a post!

5 comments:

  1. I love your cute little angel Veronica, this sketch makes a super Christmas card!
    Thanks once more for a super card!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veronica
    Not seen those angels for ages, they are so sweet
    That snowflake border looks FAB I must invest in one
    Thanks for entering
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Veronica and a very warm welcome to the Bah! Humbug! team =)
    You've done a marvellous job with your cards for this week's challenge despite your own misgivings. The angel is an image which makes me smile, but my favourite has got to be the cute reindeer, who looks a right cheeky wee character and you have to admit he looks great with that tartan paper. A fabulous Guest Designer debut and I have every confidence you'll continue to shine during your time with us.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica - Just got back from my stay at Max's - had a brill time. I know just how you feel about creating a 'funny' card - I felt just the same in the lead up to this challenge. YOur cards are fab though and a great start to your guest design spot over at Bah! Humbug! Looking forward to your future contributions which I hope will be more to your liking.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely amusing cards - I've not seen that reindeer stamp before but have always liked those angels.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments