Saturday 30 January 2016

in the night garden

Two rather different takes on the another brick in the wall garden  stamp - why, when it is so obviously a hot summer day scene, do I want to try to make it a night scene and then a snowy one?
I have to admit I do sometimes wonder about my sanity!
The first one is stamped in black Memento onto grey card - branches and leaves  coloured with grey promarkers, then green pencil added to the leaves, I coloured the shutters with darker grey pencils, then added white and yellow pencil to try to give the impression of light leaking out through the shutters.
A black matt, then mounted onto a 15x15cm white card blank
For the snowy one, I stamped onto kraft card using a brown ink, and used brown marker pen for the branches., green pencil again for the leaves, I used a white pencil to add the snow on the shutters and a little on the wall, then a white chalk marker pen to add the snow lighlights to the branches , window sill and the ground.
Another black matt, and 15x15cm white card blank

2 comments:

  1. Both lovely, your shading is always so clever. I am not going to comment on your sanity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving them both ,The shading is brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments