Sunday, 3 January 2016
butterfly and wall
The first card uses the large butterfly from the steampunk butterfly set, and techniques I learnt from Lesley - many thanks, Lesley!
I started with a square of black card, covered it with a layer of crackle medium, then one of white acrylic paint once it was dry. When the paint was thoroughly dry and had crackled, I added a wash of brusho powders made into a paint, splodged on fairly randomly - I was trying to create a weathered wooded effect.
The butterfly was stamped twice, once onto the background and once onto a sticky label with versamark and embossed with copper EP. The label one was coloured with promarkers and fussy cut out, cutting off the antennae. The label one was then stuck over the original image, with the embossed antennae reappearing.
The new walled garden stamps are big stamps, each coming with a mini stamp as well, and I chose to use the brick wall version.
Stamped using sepia versafine onto kraft card, then coloured with white and brown pencils to enhance the brick effect. I also used blue pencil on the shutters, and green on the bush and the ground.
The matts are a pale blue to match the shutters and a very dark brown.
I stamped the mini blossom stamp randomly along the edges of the cream card blank to create the background, and also sponged the edges with more sepia ink.