Tuesday 12 August 2014

August tags

 The challenge this month at Chocolate Baroque was to use an acrylic background using 2 different colours, while the second layer is wet, remove some of it using a stamp, scrunched paper etc. I tried various methods, but ended up using stamps from the new harlequin fragments set, and the page I actually used for the tags was this one. I used some yellow card as a background - one I didn't like, and it saved on paint too, as I only had the remnants of a cheap kiddy set of paints from Wilko to play with- and splodged a mix of white and brown paint across it, then stamped into the wet paint with the harlequin stamp sprayed with water.
 I stamped the image from the poppy butterfly set onto white card and coloured with watercolour pencils, background sponged with distress inks, then fussy cut it out and added to the tag.
Did these early, so can't now remember which inks I used - but at least I did remember to scan the tags before I sent them!
Have several options in mind for September tags, but am not looking forward to October, which involves zentangling - definitely not my favourite technique, though I am always impressed by the results some very clever people get, to say nothing of their incredible patience


3 comments:

  1. I love your tags they are great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very lovely, Veronica - good luck with the Zentangling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 great tags Veronica, good luck with the zentangling,Px

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments