Thursday 7 August 2014

thistles

Still playing with my new stamps - but this one also uses an old thistle stamp from the wild meadow set and a butterfly from briar rose as well as the thistles from thistle butterfly.
Background was yet another brusho inks one, thistles stamped with dusty concord distress inks. Main image stamped with black versafine, clear embossed and coloured with promarkers- highlights were clear jelly roll and white gel pens. Butterfly stamped on another piece of brusho-ed card, embossed and cut out.
Base card is a 6" square white, mats dull silver and lavender.
Am entering this for two challenges
addicted to stamps - make your mark
butterfly challenge - summertime butterflies

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Veronica - those brushos seem to work for most things. Lovely soft background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr this my fourth try at leaving a comment so hope it works
    This is a pretty card Vronnie and I love your background
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way you've combined these various thistle stamps for this lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful blue butterfly, and I love the thistles. I'm still waiting for my Brushos to arrive! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Veronica, love the mix of stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only managed to have one play so far with my brusho paints but I'm loving them already. The background you have created is perfect with the stamps. Love your colour selection too. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think I need to check out Brusho Paints! This is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge! (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blue butterfly on this is gorgeous Vronnie, and I love how you have combined the stamps from different sets, it's very effective. The backgrounds on all of your butterfly cards are great, I think I will be having to buy some of the Brusho paints soon.
    thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I was only thinking the other day about getting my pots of Brusho out, you've inspired me to hunt them down!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stamped thistles, they look great against the crisp black of the butterflies. Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty! I love the colors you used and that thistle background is awesome! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at ATSM!!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments