Wednesday 29 January 2014

Eastern promise

I was trying to create a Chinese-style landscape scene behind my Buddha  - not too sure how successful it was, but definitely mountains! All the stamps are from Chocolate Baroque, and the scenery is all created using brushes, distress inks  and torn paper masks - lots of fun..
I stamped the buddha figure first, coloured with inktense pencils, then with a versamark pen and clear embossed it. Mountains are black soot distress ink, with tree stamp from teeny weeny meadow peeking out in places. The same tree stamp was used in the meadow-type bits, and the large single tree was part of a stamp from terrific treescapes  coloured with marker pens. Wisteria stamp  in the foreground  also comes from the tranquiility set along with the buddha, and was stamped using 3 different green inkpads.
I am entering this for two challenges,
Make my Monday - Eastern promise
Craftascene - make your own theme

7 comments:

  1. A really lovely card, beautifully created - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! so calmly scene.
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your reflection in the water - very authentic indeed & I love the way you used the little tree stamp amongst the mountains.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautifully crafted scene and fits perfectly with your aim. Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft A Scene this month. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Oriental card, I love your background, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, serene card Val... thank you for joining us at MMM
    Suzi B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! A really stunning scene Veronica and as Suzi says it is serene.
    Thanks for joining in at Make My Monday.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments