Sunday, 9 February 2014
Moira had just received a set of the new Sheena embossing folders, and had ready embossed one on white card for us to play with. We inked the embossed deign with distress inks, and we all ended up with very different effects, ranging from my dark one ( I do seem to be hooked on night scenes at the moment, maybe I have some vampire blood somewhere!) to Jill's light springtime version. I lightened the sky with a waterbrush round the dragonflies, then added some wink of stella to them as well, and also to the lantern. To me, a lantern in the tree means night -time , but I did stretch a point towards a setting sun. There was a lot of black soot sponged around the edge of the design to make it a bit more dramatic.
Much to Janet's shock, I actually followed her design and colours - she's threatening to mark the date in her diary...........this was using a 7" square base card.
Mind you, I had time to stamp another image, and to revert to normal before our hall time ran out! Back to more normal, with the image stamped in black archival ink, and another sunset sky. It was cut down to fit onto a 6" square card once I got home, matted onto dark blue.