Monday 31 January 2011

oldies but goodies

The latest Bah Humbug challenge is to use oldies but goodies - I've used two stamps that had been around for more years than I care to remember. The  wise men   is by Inca stamps, and the little town by All night media. I started with the town, stamping in black versafine, with the star picked out in silver ep.  Distress inks came next - I did get the brayer out, but didn't have the right ink colours, so back to the cut'n'dry and the DIs instead. The sky was stormy sky, with the ground mostly old paper and vintage photo, with a bit of bundled sage in near the town. I used the traditional torn paper to mask out the dunes, then stamped the wise men in roughly the right place. I forgot that the DIs dry so slowly, so couldn't emboss the versafine as I'd intended - instead, I brushed off the image,dried it (should have thought of that first before trying the ep!), painted it with H2Os , then coloured it in with a versamark pen before finally embossing it with clear ep.

6 comments:

  1. Love this card especially your sand. Lovely colouring and stamping. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card Veronica. It's a lovely little scene and the colours work perfectly. The colouring of the three wise men is great too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow what a fabulous card. Had to click and enlarge to have a better look - so atmosheric - the shading around Bethlehem is just brilliant. These stamps should definitely not be in the back of a drawer.
    Looking forward to seeing what you create next with them.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't belive you had these gorgeous stamps tucked away and, if I wasn't guilty of the same crime myself, I would seriously consider charging you with neglect lol!
    When the image is enlarged it's possible to see all the clever use of shading much more clearly - what a lovely soft effect you have achieved. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Vron,
    so nice to recognise a lot of names I know so I can visit even if we've never met.
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments