Monday 24 January 2011

bah humbug 3

The challenge this week was Christmas Cracker - well, not only did I not have any stamps with crackers on, none of my craft cds had any cracker images either, not even as a background, and a desperate search through the backing paper piles draw a blank as well. I did try cutting out a cracker shape, and a more mis-shapen effort you would have  to go a long way to find!
To cut a long story short, I decided I would have to do a different sort of cracker, hence the lady in the bauble - she came from a demo My Craft Studio cd, (winter wonderland) and the background from the Star of Wonder cd I was tempted by at Christmas. I was quite pleased at how easy it was to mix the 2, as I usually just use these for papers and the occasional topper.........the pine branches at the top are stamped using a Tim Holtz stamp and 2 green DIs, know the darker one was forest moss, think the paler one was peeled paint, but not sure!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Veronica
    Well I never this is a real Christmas cracker - well done you for thinking outside the box. Love how you have stamped the branches at the top. It blends beautifully.
    Thanks for joining us again at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi great card and a great idea. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever girl Veronica and what a beautiful card it's turned out to be. Although I've not managed to find time to enter the Bah Humbug challenges (to busy with Wedding stationery makes), I have been following them and it really had me thinking this week that I had absolutely nothing with a cracker on either. You did really well with this.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Veronica - I think it's fabulous that our challenges are motivating people to think outside the box ... especially when it produces beauties like this! I love how you have created this card yet can imagine a set of these gorgeous baubles hanging on a xmas tree or as a beautiful set of gift tags. Something to think about. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments