Saturday 13 June 2020

Kingfishers


Today I have a card to share using two lovely nature themed stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque, kingfisher song and sticks and stones.
I used drawing cartridge to stamp the images, and versafine ink, and coloured with watercolour paints.
The reeds were stamped first, masked using masking fluid, and the smaller kingfisher stamped behind them, then the branch stamped on the left. Painted the bird and reeds, then added light washes for the sky, grass and water. The large kingfisher stamped onto a separate piece of cartridge, painted and cut out, then glued onto his branch. 
The base card blank was stamped using the bridge at the top left and the reeds repeat stamped along the bottom. I coloured the stamps with distress marker pens.

Fingers crossed this post works, as there is a new version of blogger - I understand that the old version will end at the end of the month, so thought I had better try the new one now......took me 5 minutes to work out how to start a new post (for any other idiot, the large red + button at the bottom of the screen!), still not worked out how to wrap text round an image, took forever to add labels /links...........you will gather that I am not too impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments