Friday 29 May 2020

tando binder workshop

 Di Oliver from Tando Creative hosted an online workshop on facebook on 25th April, which I completely forgot about at the time. However, the kit was still available, and the workshop sessions are saved on to the facebook group, so I decided to play catch-up.

This is something completely outside of my comfort zone, but I loved the colour scheme Di had chosen, to say nothing of people's finished binders,  so ordered the kit.

Took a while before I had a chance to play, and I did watch the sessions a couple of times before I actually took the kit out of the bag! Good solid grey board pieces, plus some lace that I didn't use to use as ties.


Once I plucked up the courage to have a go, it was actually really easy to do, excellent instructions to follow and so easy to replay bits I wasn't sure about.

 Spread out over a couple of weeks, plus a week searching for the embossing folders and stencils I'd tidied away somewhere earlier and forgotten where - needless to say, the place is in even more mess now than it was, but I did eventually find some of them....- this is my finished binder.











I was very pleased with it, and am looking forward to actually joining in with the second workshop tomorrow, which is a framed butterfly piece.




2 comments:

  1. Looks really good Veronica, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an interesting piece Veronica. I didn't even know you could buy the ring binder mechanism. I love the colours. Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments