Tuesday 19 May 2020

imagination rules

 The one advantage of the current situation is being able to get inky without the guilty feeling that you should be doing something else.......and it is amazing what you find if you do give in to the guilt and start tidying up!

I loved the blueprint sets of stamps from Chocolate Baroque , and decided to try to combine them all with my current passion for concertina cards, and this was the result. 

I used 12x12 white card as the base, cut into 4" wide strips and scored at 4" intervals - one strip was cut down to two squares to join the otheres together.




I started by making the background, using distress inks in peeled paint and broken china splodged onto a craft mat and spritzed with water.

Once dry, I randomly stamped the background with some of the geometric images from the sets and some from make  your mark using mostly the blue ink, but a few in the green.

 Once everything was dry, I stamped the images using black versafine  and clear embossing powder.
Most of the flowers were coloured with watercolour pencils or watercolour paints some have been decoupaged as well.
   I added some sentiments from the sets 
I used the spare bit of card to make a small tag, and the pocket to hold it

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments