Thursday 11 October 2018

lady's slipper orchid


For my second post this month featuring stamps from the Chocolate Baroque
 September TV show I have gone back to form and used brusho powders.
I created a pile of backgrounds with the brusho first - they take a bit to dry, so I like to do several at a time,( and I often blot them using another sheet of card if they come out too dark, so you get two for one)  and the ones I don't use always come in handy later on....

For both cards I stamped the lady's slipper orchid using versamark and embosssed with white embossing powder.
The first card has a darker background, and I used more brusho as a watercolour to colour the leaves and the flower. I added a purple card mat the same size as the trimmed image, and glued both at an angle onto a square white card blank.



The second was a much more delicate image, and I again coloured the flower and some of the  leaves, but this time with very watered down brusho.
The card blank was randomly stamped with the flower head using an almost-dried out purple ink pad before adding a mat of purple card

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments