Monday 1 October 2018

butterfly lady

 I can't believe how quickly this year is going, October already!
To remind us of the lovely summer, I have chosen the lovely butterfly lady stamp from Chocolate Baroque, though I haven't seen many butterflies this year.
The dusky background was created using iced spruce distress ink, blending sponge and a leaf from the garden - a very effective technique learnt from Elaine, one of the original CB DT members, if I've got it right, the link should take you to her how-to post.
The lady was stamped with black versafine ink, and her hair coloured with watercolours.
I stamped the bottom half of image again on to scraps of left-over brusho card , cut the flowers and butterflies out and decoupaged them onto the original image.
I added clear wink of stella to the butterflies, though it doesn't show up on the scan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments