Monday 28 May 2018

bluebells

 Saturday was Hobby Art day at Costessey with Moira Walters, and we used the new bluebells stamp set.
Moira had some lovely samples, but I had to live up to the rebel reputation and do something different!
Actually this first one is fairly similar to the sample if you take out the background and the sentiment...... the bluebell spray was stamped onto blue card and white embossed before colouring with mica paints. Having just collected my set of inspirational quotes I had to try them out..... I thought this one fitted, so used it to randomly stamp in the background and then white embossed on a strip of blue for the sentiment.





The other cards are very similar, just different inks for stamping. It was supposed to be the quick first card using white embossing and brushos, it ended up taking me most of the day! As the bluebell stamps are small, most people used a butterfly stamp, but I wanted to see if I could make a bluebell wood land scene.
The first time I stamped the bluebells with versamark and white EP before masking with drawing gum and stamping the trees several times in grey versafine and masking them as well. Grey brusho and water across the lot. Snag here once I had rubbed off the masking was that i wasn't too sure what was bluebells and what was tree in some areas! Also the colour I used for the flowers meant that they didn't stand out.
Version two i stamped the bluebells using black versafine and painted them first before masking. The trees were stamped with grey versafine again and masked before adding the grey brusho.
I was much happier with this version, but don't think I will try to do it again, far too fiddly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments