Tuesday 5 June 2018

dreaming wings

 I loved playing with this new stamp set,from Chocolate Baroque so much so that i have a lot to show you today, so a coffee first may be an idea!
My first two were experiments which worked ok, thankfully. I remembered seeing a post where someone had stamped using brusho, so i had to try it out. Sprinkling powder onto a stamp and then spritzing with water was not a good idea - it took about 8 impressions to get a passable image!
A different stamp, using the paler grey powder with a waterbrush to apply to the autumn medley stamp and stamping onto damp card was much better! I wanted a dreamy effect, so added nore powder round the edges and spritzed fairly heavily with water then used a damp feather stamp to stamp into the brusho round the face. - it took a long time to dry, but I liked the efffect, though the feathers didn't show up as well as i had hoped. The large zentangled feathers and the sentiment from words of inspiration were stamped in versamark and white embossed.


 This one was my first attempt at an eclipse card. I used a distress ink background on and A5 piece of white card, and stamped the birds fron the curly birds set using black versafine ink. I masked the bodies and wings using Pebeo drawing gum before stamping the feathers in grey versafine ink. I have a magnetic platform for my big shot, which was a definite help diecutting the letters - you don't really realise how big the letters are until you try to fit a word in! I made an A5 card from black card and trimmed the stamped panel down to fit, gluing the centres of the letters in place before adding the actual letters on foam pads. This was very fiddly, and I think you would get a better result diecutting the letters several times and gluing them in place.




This one used another distress ink background, with the curly birds again stamped in black versafine and masked with the drawing gum before stamping the feathers with grey versafine.
The sentiment in black is from the feathers set.








The fourth one is fairly similar, except that I stamped feathers drifting downwards on the card  using versamark and white embossing powder before dusting with turquoise and grey brusho powders and spritzing heavily with water.
The feathers were masked with the drawing gum before stamping the curly birds in blue distress ink.  sentiment in black versafine ink
.I used the same blue ink on the white base card and sponged the edges as well before adding the panel.



My last card was cut down from an A4 sheet of card, so i have quite a bit left in case I need to make some quick cards.......




The feathers were stamped using versamark ink and white embossed before sprinkling turquoise and purple brusho over the sheet and spritzing with water. A corner of the card was trimmed to
5.5" square and mounted onto a slightly larger piece of black card before adding to a 6" sqaure white card.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! All of them! Thanks for the tips on stamping with Brusho aswell.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments