Monday 14 May 2018

old car

Eclipse cards an be very addictive! I have only tried them on a small scale so far, there is a limit using my bigshot, but the plus is that I have a magnetic platform for that which sio far has outweighed the size disadvantage.
The latest Male Room challenge for something with a car reminded me of the approach of Father's Day and the need for a few male cards in the box......
My only car stamp is from the eccentric Edwardian gentleman set for Chocolate Baroque, so maybe more of a grandad card? Anyway, I created a sponged blue/green distress ink background with random stamps from the set and cogs from steampunk butterfly in the same distress inks.
The car was stamped using black versafine, then I decided to add some  water for a bit more interest - flicking wet fingers produced rather more splodges than sprinkles, so maybe not such a good idea!
Letters were die cut before the card was mounted onto a piece of black card, then onto a white base card. Letter centres were glued directly onto  the card, then the letters added slightly offcentre using foam pads.

I am entering this for the following challenges,
The Male Room 
crafting from the heart
addicted to stamps
corrosive challenges

8 comments:

  1. I love this, a technique I must try, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I think any Dad or male for that matter will love this SUPER card, love your watercolour technique. Thank you so much for joining us in our Cars challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT
    Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

    The Male Room
    themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. Love the background. Thank you for joining us at the ATSM challenges. Hope to see you again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely masculine card and I love that technique.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely masculine card, thanks for sharing with crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I think your background is just fabulous - great colours and lots of layers. Love the vintage car and the way you've die cut the word Dad! Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with our Cars theme at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s one spectacular background, gorgeous colours! And I think men of any age would appreciate the vintage car image. Thanks for joining in with the current challenge at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Card!!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments