Sunday, 27 March 2016
background came next - distress inks in wild honey, barn door and peeled paint were splodged onto a blending mat, spritzed with water and mopped up with white card.
Once this was dry, I cut it into 3 panels.
I stamped the larger building into the centre of one panel, and the smaller one towards the bottom right of the second pamel, using vintage photo distress ink. i used a waterbrush to add shading to the buildings, and a white pen to add highlights.
The babushka dolls were stamped into the centre of the last panel, stamping the two smaller dolls first. I then masked these with masking tissue before stamping the largest doll behind them.The dolls were coloured with distress inks in wild honey, barn door and vintage photo using a waterbrush.
I trimmed the panel with the dolls to fit the front of the card, glued it down, and then carefully cut along the diagonal line, making sure to cut around the heads of the dolls. The easiest way would be to stamp the dolls at the bottom of the last panel of background , and cut them out and glue them on after trimming the diagonal and glueing the cut-to-size background panel to the front.
I lined up the buildings behind the dolls before marking where to trim the centre panel and glueing it down. the last panel was trimmed so that the buildings were in the bottom corner right hand corner of the panel.
The colours are more accurate in the scan of the folded card, they look a bit washed-out in the photographs.