Monday, 7 March 2016
Babushka doll stamps from Chocolate Baroque, although I did wish that they had been larger stamps!
I found a pack of readymade card blanks from years ago that were just the right size, ending up at 15.3 cm square when folded down.
I dabbed distress inks in tumbled glass and peeled paint onto a craft mat, spritzed wuith water and mopped the colour up with a sheet of white card.
I cut three pieces out of this once dry to make the panels. The side panels I stamped onto directly, using black Memento ink , but the dolls were stamped onto spare white card
All the images were coloured with watercolour pencils, then the dolls were cut out and mounted onto the diamond shaped piece for the centre of the card.
I added orange mats to pick up the colours of the dolls.
The colours in the scanned image are more accurate than those in the photos, an overcast day was the brightest I could manage when I took the photos -needless to say, the sun has now come out!