Janet Pring today (we all admired Janet's smart new apron) - still getting ink off my fingers!
We used Janet's set of distress re-inkers, filigraphy stamps and a couple of stencils throughout the day.
The first 7" sq cards involved putting drops of reinker onto a blending mat, spritzing with water then sponging through the block stencil - once that was dry, we sponged a palish ink through the flower stencil to give an indication of where to put the cut-out stamped petals and leaves. Yes, I believe the designer's original idea was to stamp over the stencilled image - you need very good eyesight and co-ordination to do this, way beyond us, so we trimmed the background card down to size then stamped, cut out and glued!
We used our own version of multicolour inkpads, mostly using the same reinkers we used in the background - I did add stickles glitter glue over the flower petals (thanks Jeannette)- matt is a mid blue grey colour, not as dark as seems in the scan.
We had a set of stencils each, so I tried a different colour combination while waiting for the first one to dry, but used the distress ink pads and brushes - background was scattered straw and wild honey, and I stamped the flower with rusty hinge, and used spare leaves from the first card.
Our afternoon session was even messier - we had great fun with shaving foam marbling! Fortunately there was lots of spare card, as we all ended up with piles of backgrounds - all went swimmingly until we came to the stencil bit............. This involved putting the flower stencil over a sheet of card, the using a spreader to splodge the inked shaving foam through the stencil, scraping it off and leaving to dry before adding more foam to tint the background - well, that was the idea, and Janet had 2 lovely samples to prove it could be done........
The foam had other ideas, got under the stencil, splodged everywhere when we scraped it off - you name it, it did it!
we did eventually end up with sort-of ok in many cases, with a few people managing lovely clean prints to the great envy of the rest of us.
We edged the image with pens before trimming down and matting onto a marbled background and onto a white card blank.