Sunday 4 May 2014

may tags

 The tag challenge for May was to use embossing folders- my main challenge was finding the darn things, which involved a fair amount of rummaging around! Needless to say, the one I was specifically looking for still hasn't surfaced..............I really do need to have a major sort out, although a pile of stamps that surfaced during the hunt are now on ebay,  one empty drawer now, so I suppose that is a  start.
The owl tag uses a Sizzix woodgrain folder - I embossed 2 tags, and inked them with tea dye and vintage photo distress inks. I had a spare owl after making my April tags, so cut down one of the embossed tags to make branches for him to sit on and hide behind. The cut outs were layered onto the base tag with glue dots
For my second tag I used a Tim Holtz die, and this was inked with a mix of broken china, shabby shutters and vintage photo inks and left to dry completely. Once it was dry the next day, I dabbed a versamark pad over the raided areas and embossed with a copper EP. The small tag was stamped using images from the mini  curiosities plate using tea dye and vintage photo - this was the one time I wished that I had a steampunk stamp! I also inked the tag with tumbled glass and shabby shutters before edging it with vintage photo and tying it to the large tag with a dull gold ribbon.

4 comments:

  1. I love your tags Vronnie, I'm having lots of fun learning new techniques wit my tags this year
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant tags. I know what you mean about having a sort out - something I really should do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite of those is the owl - the way he is sitting on that branch & hiding behind behind a tree - the colours are just lovely & warm. In both your use of blue (albeit tiny) has really helped to give the browns a bit of oomph! My 6ft 4ins tidy fairy is rather exhausted at present so I'm afraid I can't lend him to you, mind you you'd never find anything afterwards as nothing remains where it is left!
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are great! Very imaginative use of both embossing folders and stamps!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments