Thursday 15 March 2012

simply stampin wk 50

 Simply stampin have a colour challenge this week - crumb cake/poppy parade/baja breeze/ very vanilla. Crumb cake and baja breeze I have, and I also used real red and a bit of ready embossed cream card.
The square card was cut down from A4 in crumb cake, with a mat of red and the top note diecut from the cream card. The images from My Friend were stamped in blue and red onto whisper white card, and die cut using an x-cut die before matting onto a piece of blue.
I love these flowery/grassy  silhouette stamps, and am hoping a similar stamp available in the US makes it here this summer..........
The second card uses my new build a cupcake set of stamps - well, I had to try it out, and this colour scheme just says choc chip to me...........
Same card used, and the topnote die again for the cream card. I used the cupcake wheel across the A6 base card using whisper white ink, but it doesn't show up too well, so I coloured the cupcases in with blue marker pen and added glitter to the cakes with a sakura clear stardust pen. I cut the greeting out with the decorative label punch - it was a bit of a fiddle getting the small piece back in to cut the second time, but I was quite happy with the result.

5 comments:

  1. The first is my favourite of these - the way that scalloped square echoes the sahpes of the top-note die & the swrily bits of the sentiment. Love the embossed cream. Looks like you had a bit of fun with the cupcakes too.I keep being tempted by the CB ones.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done well with the colours on both these cards - the first one is my favourite but the cupcakes look tempting too. I've tried that trick with the label die to make a smaller one but didn't do very well so abandoned the attempts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two cards, you are spoiling us!! I really can't decide which one I like better, I haven't inked up my 'my friend stamps yet (shame on me) and I'm a sucked for cupcakes!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards. I love them both. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on making two lovely cards for our colour combo challenge! I couldn't pick a fave, I like them both!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simply Stampin' and I really hope you join us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments