Wednesday 25 May 2011

penny slider card


Challenge 20 on Bah humbug is to make a kinetic card - I thought this would be a doddle as I made several of these penny slider cards last year............. First problem was to find an image - the santa I used last year was borrowed, and no way was I going to drive around 30 miles to borrow it again, so I thought I would use a diecut snowflake - the penny was larget than the centre of the snowflake, so I had to add a smaller one behind the big one to hide the penny - then I absentmindedly glued the bit with the slider slot in it to the blue card - before I had cut the matching hole in the blue card. As I had used the strong red dst, no way was it going to come off, so I had to operate with a pokey tool, and the smallest scissors I had (plus a few choice words) and eventually managed to hack a hole - fortunately it doesn't show from the front! The dp is from the Seasons greetings cd from Chocolate Baroque, on both the top and base blue card, so it shows through the slot in the front.

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I Like you spenny slider card. Had to make mine in a rush again this week. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you managed it in the end Vronnie. I hate it when I do things like that, but I never give up. Glad you worked around your little slip. It is a very pretty card. That has to be my one most used CD. It's full of lovely backing papers. I thought the penny slider was an awful pain to make, so well done you! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vron, that sounds like me and my crafting. Glad your surgical skills won in the end.
    Its a lovely card and isn't Season's Greetings such a brilliant CD. I haven't done Bah Humbug for a few weeks - just too much on - but I hope I'll manage to rejoin soon.
    Love,
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice penny slider - why is it that we get things wrong sometimes? Could be that our minds are on other things! Seasons Greetings is such a useful CD with lovely papers and not just Seasonal either. Well done for winning those goodies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I so recognise this - your not the only to do it. Think when we first try something different and then as you get confident things go wrong. Anyway you saved it and have added another lovely card to your collection.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFLOL! I have to confess I've done the same thing myself ... and MORE than once As Ann says, it may be because we only really concentrate the first couple of times we try something new and then things go wrong because we get a wee bit complacent LOL! All's well that ends well though ... thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments