Rainbow Lady's challenge this week is for something with a dragon on - so here is a dragon card faturing one of the dragons from the Elusive Images set.
This actually was the second card, the first attempts drove me mad, so I opted for the easy way! The dragon was inked with black brilliance ink and stamped into a piece of triple embossed card - well, more like 5 layers actually! The card was stamped with an Encore metallic inkpad called enchanted evening, then clear embossed 3 times; a layer of chunky embossing crystals in verdigris from Once Upon a Stamp was next, then a final layer of clear before the stamp was used. I used the sketch from this week's Corrosive Challenge blog for inspiration - the backing paper came from my Graphicus Guild pack (I really must start printing some out, rather than being lazy).
Having bought some Viva pearl pens on sale at Jarrolds a couple of months ago, I decided to live dangerously and try a tip from Glenda Waterworth on one of her recent shows on Create & Craft - basically covering a stamp with the pearl, leaving it to dry, then you get a triple-embossed effect. The first several goes resulted in bits of dragons - none big enough to be useable - then I discovered that you need to put the paint on thickly, and really leave it to dry, preferably at least overnight, then peel the stamp off very carefully. This time I got a useable dragon - admittedly minus the last bit of his tail! - so did another card, using the same sketch, before he got damaged any further, because I really liked the effect. Backing paper is again from the Guild pack Nett result is 2 empty tubes of pearl (copper and bronze), one heap of dragon bits, and 2 rather battered stamps - somehow the pearl got under the stamps in places, so now I need to remove the Klingon backing and remount them - grrr.