Sunday 23 February 2020

blueprint florals

Saring some of the samples for the Chocolate Baroque tv shows last month, using the lovely blueprint floral stamps.
The first card used the main image from the sweetpeas set stamped over a distress oxide background - I used a red and a yellow onto a mat and lots of water to create the background, then coloured the image with distress marker pens.  I stamped the colours separately, using a stamping platform to make sure the images matched up.
I then used a waterbrush to add more colour



Same background technique for this one, using the wild cornflower set - have to admit that I thought this was a thistle, as it didn't look anything like a garden cornflower! - and purple and green inks.
Stamped just in black, with some extra colour added using a waterbrush and ink picked up from the mat.












Same stamp again, this time on a brusho background, stamped in black and clear embossed.
Base card uses a couple of the smaller images stamped in blue with green brushed round the edges to take the white down and tone in with the brusho





I seem to have missed scanning some of the lily samples I did, but this one I did find.
Grey brusho powder on watercolour card,  main image stamped in black and clear embossed before adding colour using watercolour paints.
background images added using grey ink, and the sentiment stamped in versafine and white embossed
I loved using these stamps, just that little bit different from the usual flowers, and the technical backgrounds make them so useful

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments