Tuesday 10 July 2018

lolly sticks!

Have been meaning to try this technique since I saw Lesley Wharton demonstrate it on Hochanda a while ago, but never found the big lolly sticks - then my friend Moira produced some on Sunday.......
Thought this big cacti stamp from Chocolate Baroque would be ideal, and it just fitted onto 8 lolly sticks.
It is a lot easier if you stick the lolly sticks down onto card first, makes it far easier to stamp afterwards........thanks for the tip, Moira! I stamped using archival ink after colouring the sticks with distress inks, then got out my new dinky Koh-I-Noor watercolour palette (also from Chocolate Baroque) - I was surprised by how vibrant the colours were over the inked background, and they are so easy to use with a waterbrush.
I stamped the sentiment, then stuck it down onto a 7" square white card blank

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Veronica, such a beautiful design.
    I remember seeing Lesley doing this and thought it was brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments