Saturday 15 April 2017

Happy Easter

 This was my card for the current Chocolate Baroque colour challenge, using two of the latest stamps from Chocolate Baroque, the lovely large crackle background stamp and the Russian exquisite egg stamp.
Have to admit that I struggled with this colour combination, and this was the only effort that didn't make the bin...........I stamped the egg onto white card using a browny adirondack ink pad, (I think it was labelled raisin under the ink smudge...) and clear embossed it. I coloured it using an alcohol marker, which came out rather paler than I had hoped, cut it out and stuck it onto the background kraft card that was randomly stamped using the crackle stamp and the same ink pad, with more sponged round the edges.
The second card was one that I made for the tv show, using a piece of scrap card as a background. One of Lesley's fab ideas - smudge leftover Aztec metallic paints onto a piece of black card using a baby wipe  and you get a lovely marble efffect eventually.
The egg was stamped using a white pigment ink and embossed with white as well to make sure it showed up on the marble background. Silver matt and a black 5"x7" base card to finish it off.

Wishing you all a very happy Easter

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter Vronnie. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Beautiful cards.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments