Friday, 8 April 2016
here be dragons
Male Room challenge was fantasy, which fitted in nicely with my find among my older stamps.
Can't remember how old this set is, but it had a lot of use when I first got it, I loved the crunchy sentiment!
It did need some attention - I had obviously last used it with a glittery 3D medium, and not cleaned it thoroughly, so the dragons got scrubbed with a nail brush and stamp cleaner (yes, I found some of this too!), which eventually removed most of the residue. I also had to replace the cling backing, which was very much the worse for wear ( microwave works well).
The stamps came out none the worse for the rough treatment, a testament to the quality of CB rubber!
I used a 6" square white card blank, stamped the dragons using black versafine ink, then masked them using masking tissue - a bit fiddly to cut out, and if I had thought I could have just stamped the dragons after doing the background..............
Background was distress inks in tumbled glass, broken china and faded jeans brushed on fairly randomly to create a cloudy effect.
Dragons were coloured with marker pens of various makes