Saturday, 16 May 2015
Sunday at Gissing
This first one was right up my street, and uses distress inks, promarkers to colour the larger leaves in , Hobby Art reeds and grasses stamp. Moira's sample version also used one of the birds - I left the bird out but stamped the feathery grass twice instead. I splashed water over the bottom part of the card and blotted it to try to give a watery effect
Being on a brusho kick at the moment I did a different more CAS version - I got the stamps first, so had time to play while everyone else caught up with all the inking for the background
I did two versions, one using distress inks and the stamp randomly stamped in a slightly darker yellow across the panel before removing all the masking tape and stamping the flower again in black archival ink across the panel. A wavy line round the edge of the panel and the flowers bleached out where they crossed the inked panel.
Second version used the brusho powders for the background, had to be careful not to over spritz the water to make sure the colour didn't seep under the masking tape.