Sunday, 5 October 2014
angel and madonna - Diva 2
I tend to make simple cards, and Moira loves the complicated ones, so it is a nice change to have to make them occasionally - and I have to admit I do enjoy doing them. As Moira showed us her sample card, I had a brainwave and decided to use my new Chocolate Baroque stamps instead of the diecuts Moira was using - the angel just fitted nicely, although the madonna was more awkward.
The word and the stars are all from the same set of stamps - I stamped and gold embossed these first onto the scored card, then stamped the angel and madonna onto a spare piece of matching card and cut them out. I glued the angel partly overlapping the fold at the front - and I did check before I added the glue! The madonna I had to trim right down to fit the size of the central panel, and mounted it onto gold mirri card.
I decided to make another one, this time using the full sheet of A4 card, so the card was taller - the other dimensions were the same - partial scores at 5 and 25cm, and full scores down at 10 and 20 cms along the long side of the sheet- the original bar at top and bottom was 3cms, and I did increase this a little for the second card. You can see the difference in the height of the card by the space above the angel, who this time was embossed in silver. I also did a second angel for the back panel. I left the stars off as I thought they would be a bit too much with the two angels.
The madonna stamp still had to be cut down, but not by as much.