Saturday, 26 July 2014
Clarity East again
We used 3 stamps, crackle, urn and rose. The first card involved cutting a rectangle mask and stamping round it with the crackle stamp and black archival ink. We then stamped the urn, masked it off, stamped the rose spray so that it was coming out of the vase, then masked around the vase and overstamped it with the crackle stamp. Trimmed down to give 2cm borders from the masked area, coloured with promarkers and the vase clear embossed. Then matting l;ayers of black and green and some black card candi to finish.
This is straight on the card, just gave up trying to get it straight on the scanner!
I tried a variation using the swirls to overstamp the vase, coloured with watercolour pencils before clear embossing. I also stamped the swirls round the edge and sponged with distress inks before matting and layering onto a spare card blank.
The official second card involved cutting a circle mask using the new Christmas bauble stamps, then stamping the circle onto a square of white card, masking round it and stamping the roses in the centre. I coloured this with old paper and vintage photo inks, and also used these on the large background mat, which was stamped using the swirls part of the rose stamp in black and the crackle stamp in vintage photo.I did add a little glimmer spray to the centre circle.
Our final card used gilding flakes, and this time was the only recorded time I have managed to use flitterglu without sticking myself to everything within reach!
The vase was stamped onto double sided adhesive, covered with acetate, then gilded on the back before being cut out. We stamped the roses using the flitterglu onto a strip of black card, then glued the vase into place before trimming the card down and gilding the edges - the brighter sparks among us used thin redline tape along the edges (not me!) and got a much better finish.
This was then stuck to a wider strip of black, torn at an angle along the bottom, and glued onto a tall thin base card - a very effective card.