Thursday 17 April 2014

catching up

There was a very select group at Moira's  last Sunday - even so, we didn't get very much done! Moira had had a bright idea while stripping wallpaper (possibly pain-killer inspired) - what if there was another world under the paper? The top card is based on the ones she showed us, using some of her Hobby Art stamps and an embossing folder (Sheena?). Basically, the scene was stamped, then partially covered by the torn embossed paper and matted onto a card blank. I'm not really into fairies, so went for scenery instead - it was Moira's idea to ink the torn paper to look like wood, which really improved the effect.
The little scene with the poppies was what I did while waiting for  the others to catch up- there would have been far more poppies if I had had any post-its with me to make masks! I just had to stamp a couple of extra poppies and decoupage them in the gaps instead. I also found out that I don't like prismacolour pencils, much prefer watercolour ones, and switched to promarkers for the poppies after trying the pencils in the background.
Janet had brought along a card she had done as a DT card for Clarity Stamps using journalling and cherry blossom stamps and distress inks - definitely my favourite of the the day. I plan to filch this idea using some Chocolate Baroque stamps over the weekend, without the rather heavy-hand with the brown inks though, which made it very hard to see the cherry blossom.
 The tags were done earlier in the month - Glenda set 3 colour challenges as part of the Chocolate Baroque birthday, and these were my efforts. First uses stamps from poppy meadow and a stencil from Sweet poppy -I didn't have any yellow inks, but did have yellow card I could use as a background.
Both the  next tags stretch the colors a bit, and use a stamp from patchwork landscapes. the first was coloured with distress inks, second just stamped faintly in the background. The girl was from a grab bag of odd stamps, and is from an old discontinued Elusive Images set,words are a partly-inked stamp from artistic affirmations.
There was  fourth challenge that I didn't get around to doing, but I enjoyed doing these



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful set of cards/tags, Veronica. I rather like the seed heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your makes vronnie,
    Happy Easter
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy with these interesting effects - have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, love your interesting effects. Especially like the tag. Hugs x CHrisB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these tags are wonderful I personally love the one with the face the most but the others are very beautiful too!! Thanks for giving me some nice suport at the CB blog!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments