Techniquetime Tuesday features water stamping this month, and I tried this with the new Sheena stamp 'ancient arches' - it is really far too detailed a stamp, but I thought that I might be able to get a moonlit impression..............didn't really work though!
These two cards are using later efforts, but I still had to overstamp the image to get a decent effect, not sure if that is strictly within the challenge though! Top one used SU inks in not quite navy and midnight muse, and although the image came out best on this one, I missed 'inking' part of the stamp with the water.
The lower one used distress inks tumbled glass, broken china and faded jeans, and had the best water impression of the lot, just the background colour wasn't dark enough. I quite liked the faded effect, and over stamped it without reinking, so got a muted grey second image.
The third card actually uses the first image I made, and the final effect is actually closest to what I was aiming for - you just can't see the water stamping bit...............I inked up the card with distress inks as in the second card, but adding chipped sapphire and black soot where I hoped the darker parts of the image would be when it was stamped. It worked quite well, only trouble was that the black soot was far too overpowering, and it just didn't look right.
Miraculously, when I over stamped it in black versafine, the two images almost completely matched up and the black bits were in just the right places - - and I got almost exactly the effect I was looking for.