Friday 11 January 2013

coasters

After making tile coasters at a SU day, I managed to acquire some of the leftover tiles, and made a set for myself using the sun image from an old Elusive Images set of stamps from lino carvings by Carrie Dennison called Earth Spirit.
I never got around to using this image before, but thought it was perfect for coasters, as well as being a nice bright image. I stamped it in black versafine ink onto  copy paper, then coloured it using promarkers.  I cut it out close to the image edge, then glued it down onto the tile with studio multi medium - I only had the matte version, gloss may have looked better though. One coat of medium on the tile itself, add the paper, then another  coat to glue it down properly, with another coat when the first was dry. I added a square of felt underneath once everything was dry to protect the table from the rougher undersurface of the tile.
Apologies for not posting for so long, and I wish everyone a very happy, healthy and prosperous belated New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Love the idea with the tiles. It's good to see you back in blogland, I hope all is well. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you again Vronnie. I like the coasters and the image is the perfect size and colours. A belated Happy New Year. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for using this image. I got a load of tiles free from a local tiling place. When I said what I wanted them for they let me go through all their old display boards that were falling to bits outside, lol! Just need time to get some decorated now as I thought they'd make lovely gifts in sets.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments