Monday 5 November 2012

woodland spirit woodcut tag

For once, I have got slightly ahead in the Chocolate Baroque alphatag challenge (am sure it won't last) and have done my W tag! Background was done using peeled paint distress ink and a duster brush (have to admit that this technique is much easier with the brushes) and Elaine's background leaf technique. The image of the woodland nymph is from an old Graphicus plate called earth spirit  featuring Carrie's designs - I know they are linocuts, but they could just as easily be woodcuts!
Anyhow, the image was stamped in versamark and embossed with black EP - leaves at the base of the tag cut from cored'inations card using the Tim Holtz tattered leaves die. I crumpled the leaves up, splodged with brown and green inks and finally a gold TH dabber before glueing onto the tag.

7 comments:

  1. Goodness you are ahead of the game with this wonderful tag. An inspiration to use that stamp and the leaves are lovely. Mine for this month are still 'in my head'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks ethereally splendid & I love brown leaves below her. I'm sure artistic licence will take care of the Woodcut detail - she certainly looks like she's a woodcut.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on being so far ahead, and for such a difficult letter. It is a beautiful tag. The colours blend perfectly.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tag Vronnie, I love the colours and the leaves look fabulous. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, was on a little blog around and came across your blog. This is a wonderful tag and see there are others too. have become your newest follower so I can see more
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice for W Veronica. My favourite colours on this one and the leaves look lovely. Well done for being ahead of the game for the moment, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag Vron - Peeled Paint is one of my favourite DI colours and I love how you used it here. The nymph image, and the leaves, are fabulous.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments