Thursday 6 October 2011

nativity

The challenge at Bah humbug this week was 'nativity' - an ideal chance to try out my new stamps from Lindsay Mason! A very simple card, as I was short of time this week -stable  image stamped in memento, masked then the palm trees added. The town image is an old stamp from All night media. I stick down a post-it circle for the moon, covered the ground with a piece of ripped paper, brayed over the sky using a big'n'juicy waterfall pad, then went over it again with stampin'up night of navy ink. I dragged some of the darker ink over the moon after taking off the post-it as it looked a little too bright. I then used the bit of torn paper to mask the sky of and sponged stampin' up inks in creamy caramel and really rust to create the sand in several layers.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely image and a clever bit of brayering on this card - great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you have put this card together. It's very effective. well done! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, I like the way you've framed the picture. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jean, I love the framing of the scene. It looks as though you are looking through an ornate window. It's a very clever little scene too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronica, this is a beautiful card! Lovely coloring and the sky is so gorgeous! I've enjoyed my month at Bah! Humbug! and getting to know everyone better. Thanks for sharing with us this week.

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have framed this x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments