Tuesday 11 October 2011

moonlight

The challenge set by Cynthia this week is ' in the misty moonlight' - I thought I would try this using stamps from the Chocolate Baroque 'home sweet home' plate. I stamped both the smallest house and the large moon with grasses images in black memento ink, then extended the hill line with a market pen. I used promarkers in 3 greys to colour the house and trees round it before masking both the moon and the house with post-it notes. I used cut'n'dry foam and stampin'up ink spots to sponge the background and sky - sky colours were pale plum, bashful blue,not quite navy and night of navy, with old olive, pale plum, not quite navy and memento black for the land. Moon was coloured with a buttercup promarker and a dash of shimmer paint.      
I cut a square green card base from a sheet of A4 card, matted the image onto a pale cream glitter card after stamping the other large grass stamp across the base of the card in versamark.
Am trying using Google chrome, and can't seem to get the text to wrap around the image, sorry for all the white space!


8 comments:

  1. This is something Im hopeless at, stamping. Do like your card, very artistic :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image is beautiful Vronnie. I must make some time to play with these stamps. I have seen so many lovely creations using them.
    I have given up on Chrome for blogging. I use it for everything else but I've gone back to Firefox for blogs.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scene Vronnie. Your attention to detail has really paid dividends. I much prefer using Chrome despite the white space, as it has speeded up our internet considerably and now use it for everything.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely, elegant card, Veronica. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous atmospheric card. Love this one.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect my friend... I love this. I too prefer Chrome... never mind the white space. Thanks for playing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Veronica. I love how you've postioned the little house to be viewed through the grasses and the colouring of your sky is amazing. It almost looks painted when I double clicked to see the detail. Gorgeous work!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous - so atmospheric

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments