Friday 9 July 2010

transfer tag

I managed to watch Barbara Gray on C&C last Sunday - she demoed image transfer using nail varnish remover and an inkjet print - sounded interesting and cheap to do, so I looked for nail varnish remover on Monday morning. Think half the population must have had the same idea, took ages to track down some remover, eventually found some in small local supermarket, purely by accident! Anyhow, after several tries, this was the best I managed - either too much remover, didn't rub hard enough/ too hard - possibly the fact that I use water-resistant ink in my Epson printer may not have helped either. Image came from the Craft Stamper website, but I only used the face - to be honest, was a bit fed up by then!
My current favourite DIs were sponged round the image - spiced marmalade, rusty hinge, fired brick and vintage photo- then overstamped with a flourish from Elusive Images and the flower freebie from Craft Stamper. The butterfly came from Inca stamps, stamped on acetate  with gilding flakes on the back - dragonfly from Elusive Images, crystal glitter on acetate.
Think I shall have to move on to blues and greens - the weather is far too hot at the moment, and maybe if I use cooler colours the weather may follow....................

3 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous tag Veronica and although you may have got fed up doing the image transfer, it has a lovely ethereal look to it. I watched the demo too and thought I'd give it a try. No need to answer my question on the Guild now as you've answered it on here, Lol!

    The colours are lovely and somehow I keep going for those at the moment too. It must be the heatwave making us gravitate to the 'hot' colours, Lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image transfer was very successful! It evokes atmosphere and is complimented by the lovely background you created. I wish I had seen the demo as I am very interested in image transfer methods.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. themessycraftroom9 July 2010 at 22:03

    I also watched that programme but haven't tried it yet. I like your tag its really pretty and the colours are gorgous.It's a really lovely tag. x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete

thanks for visiting -I really appreciate your comments